Keller Mortgage, one of the fastest growing mortgage companies in the nation, is looking to add experienced processors to their mortgage family.
WORKING REMOTE IS AVAILABLE FOR THE RIGHT CANDIDATE
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The mortgage loan processor is primarily responsible for requesting and reviewing 3rd party documents such as the real estate contract, appraisal, title insurance, home owner’s insurance, taxes, and HOA documents to ensure complete and accurate information is contained within the file before submission to the underwriting department.
- Correctly enter all parties to the contract information, contract dates and deadlines into Encompass. Alert Loan Officer’s and management of any rush situations
- Contact agents or title to help secure 3rd party information.
- Follow up on and obtain loan application, changed circumstances and supporting documents identified at application, processing, closing, underwriting, QC review or at any other time in the loan approval and closing process.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with loan agents and other third parties involved in the mortgage loan transaction.
- Follow up with all 3rd parties regularly if document still needed
- Review and clear all processing conditions set both by the Underwriter as well as by Quality Control.
- Deliver received documents to appropriate operations personnel according to standard and established practice.
- Order appraisal and Title policy as soon as fully executed contract is received.
- Ensure appraisal is scheduled in a timely and efficient manner.
- Accurately calculate income for all types of borrowers.
- Prioritize and monitor daily workflow in order to ensure all loans are being worked on in accordance with the company's timeline expectations.
- Ensure any necessary and critical changes which require re-disclosure have been accurately notated and checked in the loan origination system for compliance purposes.
ESSENTIAL PROCESSOR QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School diploma, or Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or related field is preferred.
- Previous (3+ years) of experience as an Mortgage Loan Processor
- Possess a thorough knowledge of mortgage lending regulations and procedures as well as a working knowledge of underwriting guidelines and loan documents.
- Demonstrate advanced product knowledge of FHA, VA, Conventional and other loan programs.
- Possess a working knowledge of federal and state guidelines, rules and regulations such as RESPA, TILA, and HMDA.
- Advanced ability to analyze complex tax returns accurately calculate income for all types of borrowers.
- Proficiency with Encompass software application, or other paperless mortgage loan origination systems is preferred.
ESSENTIAL PROFESSIONAL AND WORK HABIT QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing, to fellow employees, customers and external vendors in a professional, articulate and respectful manner.
- Highly motivated and organized, willing to diversify and multi-task.
- Detail oriented and organized with the ability to work on a variety of files independently, and within a team structure.
- Follow-through and responsiveness is critically important.
- Able to prioritize and regularly re-prioritize client files based upon business demands in the midst of multiple requests from various entities.
- Committed to customer service and the adherence to deadlines and expected delivery dates.
- Work load standards are expected.
- Passion and desire to continuously improve their style and work productivity.
- Comfort in working in a small company atmosphere at a fast pace.