Keller Mortgage, one of the fastest growing mortgage companies in the nation, is looking to add experienced Closers to their mortgage family.
The Closing Specialist’s primary responsibility is maintenance and preparation of closing documents to match underwriting and compliance requirements along with delivery to the settlement agent/title agency in a timely manner. More specifically, this position is expected to order closing instructions to be sent to closing agent and prepares the initial and any subsequent Closing Disclosures according to all TRID guidelines. Additionally, the Closing Specialist is responsible for the collection of documents after the closing agent has obtained the necessary signatures on relevant documents. A key element of this role will be the organization and coordination with the title agency so that all necessary documents are included in the closing package and all needed signatures are obtained.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The Closing Specialist is ultimately responsible for the ordering and preparation of closing instructions and executing company procedures required to prepare all necessary closing documents required to close and fund residential mortgage loans in accordance with company and investor policies and requirements.
- Specifically, this role will order closing instructions, prepare Closing Disclosures, and prepare closing packages that match the underwriting, processing, and end-investor requirements, in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Prepare closing worksheet and complete pre-closing Quality Control (QC) review of assigned files. Ensure that all underwriting, QC and closing conditions are satisfied prior to loan closing and release of the closing package to the closing agent.
- Release closing documents, including all at-closing conditions to the closing agent in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Provide funding authorization for disbursement of funds after review of signed closing package. Fund loans and ensure timely delivery of funds to closing.
- Responsible for fielding requests and inquiries from multiple internal and external parties. This position routinely interacts with other company staff involved in accounting, underwriting and processing.
- The Closing Specialist must maintain a strong attention to detail; be very organized and analytical; possess an aptitude for figures and accurate data entry ability.
- Regularly update a working knowledge of federal and state mandated consumer disclosures requirements (such as the Loan Estimate & Closing Disclosure; the Mortgage Servicing Disclosure Statement; ) and remain alert to consumer disclosure issues that arise during loan closing.
- To be successful in this position, the Closing Specialist is expected to display a positive and cooperative attitude; have good interpersonal and communication skills; be comfortable working in a fast-paced deadline oriented environment; enjoy multi-tasking; have the ability to change priorities quickly as time-sensitive needs arise; and be able to adapt to a fluctuating workflow, particularly during periods of high loan volume. The Closing Specialist must remain calm and courteous when dealing with impending deadlines, loan applicants, and all others with whom the company does business.
- Must have a commitment to teamwork and the ability to answer questions and handle problem solving at or in regard to loan closings.
- Preference is given to candidates who hold a degree in a related field (finance, accounting) and experience in the mortgage industry.
- Previous (3+ years) of experience as a Closing Agent/Closing Specialist or within the mortgage arena and possession of a thorough knowledge of mortgage lending regulations and procedures. Past experience in multi-state mortgage environment also desirable.
- Experience with Encompass software application is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing, to fellow employees, customers and external vendors in a professional, articulate and respectful manner. Demonstrate the ability to handle delicate situations with diplomacy and tact.
- The position requires a highly motivated and organized individual that is willing to diversify and multi-task. Detail oriented and organized with the ability to work on a variety of projects independently and within a team structure. Follow –through and responsiveness is also critically important.
- Able to prioritize projects based upon business demands in the midst of multiple requests from various entities. Possess a strong commitment to customer service and the adherence to deadlines and expected delivery dates.
- Essential to possess a passion and desire to continuously improve their style and work productivity.
- Comfort in working in a small company atmosphere at a fast pace, high production environment.
This position description is intended to be dynamic and subject to change. Position requirements and essential functions may be altered from time to time based upon the needs of the organization and department. This position may be required to execute special projects or other related